Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Type: Full-time, permanent
Position: Technical Project Manager
Reports to: CTO
The Technical Project Manager will join the Software Development team and be responsible for the execution and planning of various software projects throughout the development projects.
The successful candidate will work directly with the development teams and clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope.
Job duties include:
- Creates and keep track of software centric project plans from planning to go live
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven working experience in software project management
- Excellent inter personal skills – proven good working relationship with development teams
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exhibits the important balance of patience and determination that allows entrepreneurial businesses to flourish
- Organized and thorough
- Collaborative team player, excited and willing to do what it takes to get the job done