Software QA Analyst
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Type: Full-time, permanent
Position: Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Reports to: QA Manager
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible to build test cases based on requirements, implement the test cases and report issues using the ticketing system. The Sofware QA analyst will perform functional, regression, performance, security and exploratory testing through the entire software life cycle.
Major technical duties include:
- Understand client requirements and construct the test cases.
- Create functional, security, performance, regression and exploratory test cases.
- Execute test cases and compare to expected results.
- Report defects and follow up using a ticketing system.
- Experience with software systems is a must.
- Demonstrate ability to perform formal testing.
- Experience in testing complex systems – functional, performance and security
- Experience with using software tools and configurations.
- Trouble shooting capabilities.
- Good understanding of SQL databases.
- Familiar with automated tools like Selenium.
- Experience with defect tracking tools like Jira.
- Experience with security testing and security standards.
- Software education is an advantage.
- Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Formal Computer Science education is an advantage.
- Innovative and creative.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Enjoys and works well in teams, but also thrives in autonomy.
- Exhibits the important balance of patience and determination that allows entrepreneurial businesses to flourish.
- Organized and thorough.
- Collaborative team player, excited and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.