Type: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to Controller
We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant in east Toronto (Victoria Park/Sheppard) who will be a key player in a small finance team.
- Perform general accounting activities including processing, reconciliations, journal entries, analysis and reporting to ensure all accounting records are kept accurate and compliant in preparation of timely monthly financial statement package.
- Ability to read customer contracts, understand billing terms and prepare invoices
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation & input of customer & vendor invoices and reconciliation of A/R and A/P ledgers.
- Perform complex tasks such as merchant reconciliations and perform analysis necessary to identify the variance
- Provide quality analytical information to external customers
- Support payroll and accounting reporting, ensuring it meets the statutory obligations and accounting standards
- Assist with monthly tax filings, reconciliations and audits as they occur
- You will have the opportunity to help build and improve accounting processes
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and other duties as needed
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive relevant experience as an accountant
- CPA or CGA or working on designation
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal)
- A good team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Experience with all general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Benefits: Dental, Health care, vision